Tuesday, November 24, 2009


omgoshhh!!!!
I can not believe that the last posting I did was in May!!..but that is when the season started and there is so little time to work on my blogs..
So much has happen from may till now..and now it is almost Thanksgiving day..Yummmm I can't wait..Don't tell anyone my grandchildren..but I miss making the meals..I remember years paste when I did..seems like sooo long ago...
When we lived in Toledo I made the Thanksgiving dinner..many times the family would come up to our home and have Thanksgiving dinner and even when we moved back to Norwalk
I never bought pies I always made them from...(scratch)..lol..I loved putting together the Holidays..making things, cooking and backing even making cheese balls Now lactose intolerant (LOL) ..there was even a few times I made homemade bread..and doughnuts..Shame on me..I have said many times.. that I would make doughnuts..and have not yet gotten to it...hummm if you can keep a little secret maybe I can try again this year...
making homemade doughnuts is so much fun..(or at least it used to be)..lol


Christmas eve used to be at our home years back...that was exciting..decorating...listening to music..(Stattler Bros)..eating goodies while we were decorating...
When you get older things change..but you still miss all the excitement and laughter..through the Holidays...
I am Thankful for those years of remembering and I am thankful for these years of my children doing those same things with you my grandchildren...

1 comment:

  1. I love Holiday Traditions! And, I do remember a lot of the things we did!

    ReplyDelete